Table Of Content
Women who are considering hysterectomy can now benefit from a scarless hysterectomy in Abu Dhabi and enjoy the feel of the scarless belly and resume normal life early.
Scarless hysterectomy is, so far, the latest hysterectomy approach, which is highly preferred by most people and by Dr Divyatha as its most helpful to patients.
What is a Scarless Hysterectomy?
Scarless Hysterectomy is a procedure to remove the uterus without cutting/opening the abdomen or even through small holes over the abdomen that do not leave visible scars.
- Non-descent vaginal hysterectomy
- Vaginal hysterectomy
- V- NOTES (vaginal natural orifice hysterectomy)
Scarless hysterectomy approaches
Vaginal hysterectomy is usually done for a prolapsed uterus.
In this, surgery is done completely through the vagina, and the uterus is removed through it without any cut over the abdomen.
Vaginal hysterectomies are a highly successful procedure, but it has some limitations.
It cannot be used for narrow introitus, big or enlarged uterus removal, or removal of complex adnexal structures of the uterus
In these cases, Dr Divyatha uses the Vaginal-NOTES approach.
A Non-Descent Vaginal hysterectomy is done to remove the non-prolapsed uterus.
In this, the surgery is done & complete uterus is removed through the vagina.
Since the uterus is in a normal position, this technique requires training and expertise.
It’s difficult if the uterus is too big and extended to a broad ligament.
In these cases, Dr Divyatha chooses the Vaginal-NOTES approach.
It stands for Vaginal Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery.
It is a recent advancement in minimally invasive gynaecological surgery.
It is a combination of vaginal hysterectomy & then a laparoscope is inserted through the vagina to see the uterus better and perform surgery.
Any big uterus can be removed by this method giving the advantage of being scarless.
When is hysterectomy recommended?
Hysterectomy is usually indicated for the following reasons:
- Heavy vaginal bleeding and painful menses
- Leiomyomas or uterine fibroids(non-cancerous tumours)
- Adenomyosis or thickening of uterine walls
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Uterine prolapse- a condition in which the uterus slips from its position towards the vaginal canal
- Cancer in the uterus, cervix, or ovaries.
Connect With Us
Benefits Of Scarless hysterectomy
In experts’ hands, over 90% of hysterectomies with benign conditions can be done vaginally.
The benefits of scarless hysterectomy are as follows:
- No scar with good aesthetic appearance
- Avoids Incision-related complications like infection or hernia
- Less blood loss
- Minimal pain
- Fewer medications
- Early walking and recovery
- Go home early
- Can resume work early
Am I fit for scarless hysterectomy/surgery?
Your candidacy for scarless hysterectomy depends on the cause of your surgery:
- Cancer-related surgery cannot be done by this method
- All benign lesions, can be done by this approach
- It is highly effective for treating fibroids, polyps, and other benign conditions.
- Any size uterus can be removed
- We can remove a big uterus by coring or cutting it into small pieces through the vagina
- Access to ovaries and tubes is easy and under the vision
Yes, they do.
You are not aware of how our first port is introduced in laparoscopic surgery, it is a blind technique done via the feel of layers. And expertise is needed to get the feel right.
Rare complications of port entry are injury of major vessels, leading to blood loss, infection to wound, or mortality.
- Zero chances of hernia in V notes
- No port-related complications
- No cut hence less pain
- Less pain and hence fewer medications
- Cosmetic appearance
Why Choose Dr Divyatha For Scarless hysterectomy In Abu Dhabi ?
Dr. Divyatha is the second lady gynaecologist in Abu Dhabi who is trained and doing this scarless surgery case, be it an ovarian cyst, tubal removal, or hysterectomy.
Dr Divyatha Jayaram is one of the renowned Obstetricians and Gynecologists in Abu Dhabi. She has a special interest in delivery, high-risk post-natal care, laparoscopy, and hysterectomy procedures.
Dr Divyatha is regarded as a gentle and caring person who, apart from doing flawless surgeries, also gives her clients the best counselling and surgery-related advice. If you are planning for a hysterectomy procedure, consult Dr Divyatha for the best and scarless hysterectomy in Abu Dhabi or Al Ain.