Hysteroscopy In Abu Dhabi
Table Of Content
What is Hysteroscopy?
Hysteroscopy is a procedure to examine the uterus internally using a camera. In this procedure, a flexible tube fixed with a small light and camera called a hysteroscope is inserted into the uterus via the cervix and vagina to see the uterus internally.
It is done for the following reasons:
- Either diagnose or treat pathology by looking inside the uterus.
- For “See and Treat” concept of patient assessment with treatment
When else is hysteroscopy needed?
It is also considered for:
- Diagnose the cause of infertility or recurrent miscarriages
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
- Removal of submucous fibroid or polyp uterus
- Insert small birth control plugs in fallopian tubes
- Removal of lost intrauterine device
- Diagnose the cause of Infertility
Note: Hysteroscopy cannot be performed in pregnancy.
How Is Hysteroscopy Performed?
The hysteroscopy, if diagnostic, is a simple daycare procedure.
Usually admitted two hours before the procedure.
Anaesthesia preference changes as per case and pain tolerance of the patient- intravenous, local or general anaesthesia.
It can be done without anaesthesia, an outpatient procedure.
Connect With Us
- The patient will be positioned, cleaned and draped.
- The diagnostic hysteroscope, which is 6 french (6.28 mm approx.) is used.
- The instrument is guided under vision using normal saline to distend and enter the cervix and slowly pass into the uterus and look for the findings.
- Normal saline is pumped into the uterus to expand it and clear blood and mucus which comes in the way. This allows the surgeon to see the uterus, fallopian tube, and ovaries clearly.
If any further procedure is required, the instrument is changed to resectoscope, around 22 french.
Bipolar/monopolar current is used, and resection is done. Tissue removal is sent for histopathological diagnosis.
COMPLICATIONS are as in other surgical procedure. Fluid management is very important.
- The post-operative period is usually not so painful.
- The patient walks home 3-4 hours
- Can start working after two days
- Some amount of Vaginal bleeding is normal
Warning Signs: Any fever/distention of abdomen/excessive bleeding- Meet your doctor.
Why Choose Dr Divyatha For Hysteroscopy In Abu Dhabi?
Hysteroscopy is one of the most commonly performed gynaecological procedures by Dr Divyatha Jayaram in Abu Dhabi and is highly experienced in Hysteroscopic procedures, both diagnostic and operative.
With massive experience, broader interest and compassionate disposition, she is also well known for performing the best hysteroscopy in Abu Dhabi.